Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Gardening

I've been always fonds flowers & plants. But....too bad, with limited land in front of my house, I can only plant some flowers & a few pots of plants.(The empty land behind at our house is under the management, so it is not recommended to plants anything on the land, unless you are planting them in pots.) Yet, this is good enough for me as gardening need lots of efforts & also time to maintain the plants.

The organic farm trip the other day inspired me again & my twins to plant vegetables instead, hehe. In fact I bought a few packs of organic seeds - Okra & Mukkhiya, this is my "green projects" with my twins! I planted Okra on 04/08/12 -the day we went for the field trip. Waited & waited, it's been a week plus, nothing "seems" appearing on my planting pot -Sigh! Or should I say, I've "wasted" the seeds instead? Well, lets cross our fingers & hope my "Okra" plant did success!

On the other hand, me & twins planted some "onions" at the organic farm.
This was the 1st activity when we reached there. It's good to exposed the kids to mother nature.
My twins learned to used a spade to mix the soil & to plant the onion.
It's fun & educating ^_^
We brought back 3 "tiny" pots of onions back to our house & placed them under shade in front of my car porch. Watered the plants daily & observed the growth of the plants.

Lets see..how our plants have grow :-





And, on the other hand, my mulberry tree at my back yard is "fruiting" now.
Its has been months since the last fruiting season.
See how nice the red small fruits on the tree.




My flowers were growing too :-






No comments: