Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Heart to Heart Playgroup @_@

I've started to enroll twins to a playgroup by July. It happened so fast - I read from Jessie's blog about the playgroup - called the organizer & decided to take twins there. On the first day - we were late for the playgroup as papa dropped us there after sending JY to nanny's place. (And, being late there wasn't nice at all with people staring at us. Luckily Jessie called up my name & we were able to chat for a while, and I was much relief later on.)

I was a bit "unknown" what to do when I was there, as the playgroup was attended by lots of MM + kids & the room was small to occupy all. It was crowded. My twins were a bit shock & don't know what to do during the first day, mainly is because the it was English medium & my twins can't understand at all. My twins stared & smile when the teacher & the kids speaking English with them @_@ and I regretted now why shouldn't I speak English much earlier than this!

Communication is a problem to my in laws if we would let twins speak in English medium, as they can only understand simple English & they mainly speak Teochew. Main reason I've not implementing English medium in my house is due to this, I don't want my kids unable to communicate with their granny, grandpa, uncle & aunt later on, as well as their cousins.

I brought my mom along with me for the second class, as I need extra helper to take care the twins. Papa need to work this days & he was too busy to join along. The second class was about WATER. Twins did potato stamping that day. Teacher Teresa was assisting EQ for it as she saw EQ only wants green color instead of others. Well, green is EQ's favorite color, whatever things which is in green & when she saw it, she wants it - Sigh! While KH wants only red color for the stamping, not other than other color.

Twins learn to do fish too, with color paper by sticking it on card board. I let KH do by his own for the thing, I just advise which to go about.On the other hand, it seems that my mom is more "fun" joining the class asking EQ to do this & that, haha. I told my mom as this is a Montessori based playgroup, we must let the twins try by their own & let them do the things themselves. Sometimes, we the adult decide too much for our kids. Why not let twins have little fun in the class & decide what they plan to do, no harm isn't it?

Twins have so much fun doing the crafts! I observed that EQ is with very talented in color matching, she'll choose the color for the crafts & the drawing! Could it be due to "fashion"..I wonder?

Let's see twins masterpiece :-
a.Fish
b.Potato stamping (did once at the playgroup & again this morning)





Observation

a.My twins still unable to speak English in the second class.
b.However, they are more easy going with the class now, compared to the first one.
Keep going & gambateh, I hope they can do better in the future classes!

Note
If you want to know more about the playgroup, please refer to this link :-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Heart-to-Heart-Play-Group/133232950036445?ref=ts



No comments: