Thursday, May 17, 2012

Twin's Craft

I love doing crafts with twins, I guess it could be due to me loving drawings & crafts so much.
While fetching twins back some weeks back, teacher has reminded parents of a message book in the kid's bag - well, it seems that the kids need to do a craft work together with the parents for a "Thank You Card" for teacher's day & must used the recyclables materials for the craft work.

I thought this could be fun & at the same time teaching the twins about reuse items.
We did the card in 2 days as I need to collect "materials" before allocating it to the kids.

I started with :-
a.collecting alphabetical wordings for "THANK YOU" from my old magazines
(I put this wordings in 2 envelope & wrote on a cardboard for the kids & asked them to rearrange nicely)
b.collecting Vitagen's seal - this is for the flowers in the card
c.collecting after sharpening colour pencils strips - which can form as a flower for the card
d.collecting big card boards - I reused the packaging card from the bed sheet which I bought from Jusco
e.a ribbon - this broken piece was from EQ's dress which I sew back to reuse
f.some milk powder's spoon - I've plenty of this & most of the time I kept this in case of redemption ^_^
(I used blue & yellow spoon acting as a boy / girl's face)

The first night we started with the painting on the big cardboard.
We glued the wordings on the small cardboard & did finger painting for the flowers, followed with gluing the sharpened pencil color strips.
(This is done in Part 1 - the smaller card)

The second night (which happens to be a night before teacher's day) - we glued the Vitagen's seal & with the "Hugs" strips on the nig cardboard. Later part was writing "Happy Teacher's Day".
I helped twins for tying the small & big cards with my wools ^_^

And, the outcome :-
KH's Thank You Card






 















EQ's Thank You Card



I did a small flower basket with the Calciyum plastic cups & straws - this is for the twins to gave to their teachers as appreciation gift. I hope the teachers will be delighted ^_^




Below are some old drawings which the twins did for the past few months (I kept them for my collection)










No comments: