Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Gardening

When try to recall back my childhood's memory, me & my brother used to help my mom planting vegetables, watering the plants & gardening. This is very enjoyable. When I was small, my granny & mom used to plant tapioca leaves, onion spring, chillies on the small piece of land at our house & bitter gourd behind the backyard. Mom will teach us how to harvest the plants as well.

However, nowadays the house/property's pricing was far to much, if compared to the olden days. A free hold entitled house at Puchong with a small piece of land is too valuable to purchase. When we decided to buy our house, this is one of the clause which we considered and we are very lucky to have "a very small" piece of land to plant some flowers & our backyard is actually a big piece of land, where our nearby neighbours planting sugar cane, vegetables, dragon fruits & flowers.

Gardening is indeed a very good opportunity to teach our kids about mother natures & taking care of our environment. I would let twins help me watering my plants every day. I would put half pail of water (recycled from washing vegetables during food preparation/cooking) in front of the car porch, and twins will use the small cup to water the plants. When watering the plants, I'll teach twins to observe the plants - if there's any insects around the plants, teach them about buds, flowers & stems. I'll also show them how to put fertilizer to the plants & explain to them that fertilizer act as "vitamin" / "supplement" for the plants fro them to grow stronger & healthier..just like us - human beings, hehe. Most of the time, my twins will be questioning me why, this & that & I enjoyed every moment with my kids explaining to them about this & that.

Can you see what is KH doing?
He is helping me watering my flower (hehe, bad example using a liquor bottle, as this is the recycled bottle where I normally used to water the plants - just the correct amount of water for each plant)



I love to see if there's any buds on my plants...as there'll be nice flowers to grow for the next few days.
I did my counting yesterday - there were total 6 buds..hehe

And this morning, when I went to carporch to collect the newspaper, I found this :-
Isn't it nice & happy seeing our flowers grow, just like our kids?




后记
亲子活动其实并不需要太多的金钱与时间, 哪怕只是那5分钟。短短5分钟里, 好好和孩子一起动动来活动, 接触大自然, 让孩子能感受你对他们的爱。显然, 这相处和回报是无价的 ^_^ 

No comments: