Friday, April 15, 2011

Teaching twins to read

I've been wanting to teach my twins to read since they reached 1yr old. However it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I remember when twins reached 1 yr old, instead of reading books, they are biting & tearing the books. I've tried soft books, hard cover books & even flash cards. What ever things that is reachable ended will be in pretty "bad shape" later - torn into pieces :-(

So, I didn't buy many books that time. Those books I used were freebies given by twins formula milk & some friends which we exchanged some goodies.
Yet, I feel like as they are growing, it should be time to read & write by themselves. If I didn't start now, when is the right timing?

Yet,the task is not easy. At the age of 3, they still love to tear books. I wonder why? You can scold them or beat them, ended they'll still do this the next time. Daddy is very angry with this when he saw twins tearing pages into pieces..and doesn't allowed me to let twins read books by their own.
(I was very angry with daddy because in my opinion - twins should have given a chance to read while they can. Although tearing papers really dismay all of us.)

I'm still trying my very best to read to twins daily, when I'm free.
Wish me luck..I'm still trying very hard.


(Mischievous EQ laughing at me while I was taking a photo of her.)


See what's my boy is doing - tearing the stickers from the book :-(

No comments: