Friday, June 10, 2011

Scholastics Book Buffet

I saw from Early 123 forum that there will be a Scholastic's book buffet at Mid Valley from 10-12 June. The books are very good & so I took half day leave today to buy books.

I leave by 8am today from my house, and the traffic is congested all the way from Puchong to Old Klang Road, I'm glad that I leave early today to avoid the "traffic". Reached 8.45am at Mid Valley & I thought I was "early birds"..nope, until I went upstairs and I saw parents with kids are already there. I thought it could be a good bargain since so many people reached early at the booth.

We began to queue by 9.30am. The cashier system was down for 10 minutes, and I managed to buy 2 bags - the bag was really small.
Bag's dimension : 25.5cm (Height) x 25cm (Width)
(I wonder how many could I grab??)

Sharp 10am we are allow to go in & start our "shopping". However, the reality is there wasn't lots of books in the booth. The "board books" were very limited & due to the book's size, if you want to take the books, you can only take <20 books per bag, which to me it's not worth at all.

By 10.40am, the staffs started announcing that they'll need to close the book for the next session & we are given limited time to choose & to pack the "goodies bag" ASAP. I saw lots of mommies busy arranging, and me myself was still wandering around the booth if "the top up" will still be going on. Well, again to my disappointment, I saw only once the top up is done & only 3 books was added by the workers in each session. And 3 books was nothing to me, because once put on the shelf, it was "grabbed" by others very fast in less than 1 minute!

I don't think I'll be going next year, at least for now.
1st Bag = 48 books (majority are soft cover books, which I can squeezed in a lot)
2nd Bag = 28 books (hard cover board books, which I can't squeezed in to many)
76 books =RM 99.80
1 book = RM 1.30 (Worth it?? Not pretty sure about it, but some mommies told me that this is the actual price she got for some books too during normal sales)

I was speechless..well I just sacrifice my half day leave for buying "non-value added" books?


2 comments:

nicole said...

i been there also on friday noon 3pm+... but not much book there. i "terpaksa" choose the thick Clifford coloring book, coz there isno other choice.
the books u grabs all nice. :)
late ri update my blog too about scholastic book buffet.

Catherine Yee said...

Hi Nicole,
In fact the early morning I went that day also not many nice books available. I'm looking for Clifford books, but only manage to grab 3. I also ended at the end "choose" the think board books. Looking forward for your updates in your blog later ^_^